General Information About the Jackson Hill Wellness Center
Welcome to Jackson Hill Wellness Center for parents and families of pediatric patients
- A signed "Release of Liability" form is required before using the JHWC. These forms are available at the check-in desk in your hospital.
- Please wash your hands before and after your workout.
- Towels are available in the cupboards. Please place used towels in laundry bins after use.
- Please return all equipment to storage areas after use. Equipment is for use by JHWC users and MUST stay inside our center. Please leave equipment for the next user!
- Please wipe down all equipment after use, using provided cleaning wipes. Please DO NOT use spray cleaner(s) on the monitors!
Matrix Cardio Equipment
Matrix Fitness makes a series of treadmills loaded with modern feature such as touch screen technology, multiple workout programs and some even have virtual scenery. Each section of the treadmill is color-coded for easy navigation. Those sections, the oversized buttons and large text make it easy to operate a Matrix treadmill.
Step 1: Press the green "Go" button to start. On some models this is the green "Quick Start" button. The touch screen will display tabs at the top and meters to the left and right of the screen.
Step 2: Set your speed. The meter on the right-hand side of the screen shows the current mph setting. Touch the red circle on the touch screen console and drag your finger up or down to increase or decrease the speed. Alternatively, you can press the speed knob, the yellow handle below the console on the right-hand side.
Step 3: Press and drag the red circle on the left-hand side of the touch screen console to change the incline. Alternatively, use the incline handle just below the console on the left side.
Step 4: Press a tab on the touch screen that corresponds with the type of workout you want, such as "5K," "Fat Burn," or "Rolling Hills." Press the red sliders on the touch screen and drag the meters up or down to customize it to fit your age, weight, and time settings.
Step 5: Press the "Life Fitness" button to open the media panel to watch television, listen to your iPod and much more. You can also change your speed, time and incline with the virtual arrows displayed on the bottom of the touch screen. Press the "Cable TV" button to watch television and use the up and down arrows to change the channel.
Tips for using Jackson Hill Wellness Center
- Plug in your iPod using the black cord on the right side of the treadmill.
- Press the "Virtual Active" button to choose from a variety of scenery.
- Pump for inflating excercise ball(s) located in cabinet.